Ian Baraclough has named his 26-man squad for our upcoming triple-header featuring the Play-Off Final versus Slovakia, followed by the UEFA Nations League fixture against Austria in Vienna before returning to face Romania in Belfast. The squad featured three new faces compared with last month’s squad: Ethan Galbraith, Matthew Kennedy and Conor Hazard having been drafted in to replace Jordan Jones, Joel Cooper and Trevor Carson.
Both Ali McCann and Matthew Kennedy will be hoping for their first senior start in the upcoming international break. The most notable omission is Charlton Athletic forward Paul Smyth, who has been in good form since teaming up with Washington at the London-based club.
Baraclough’s main injury concern is Jonny Evans who has missed Leicester’s three last matches. He is expected to report for international duty next week but he again didn’t feature in Brendan Rodgers’s squad in Thursday’s Europa League victory over Braga. Bailey Peacock-Farrell is back to full fitness after missing out on the Norway game shortly before kick-off.
The question on everyone’s mind is: Can this squad make history by cementing Northern Ireland’s place in the European Championships next summer?
- Bailey PEACOCK-FARRELL (Burnley)
- Michael McGOVERN (Norwich City)
- Conor HAZARD (Celtic)
- Jonny EVANS (Leicester City)
- Craig CATHCART (Watford)
- Stuart DALLAS (Leeds United)
- Shane FERGUSON (Millwall)
- Conor McLAUGHLIN (Sunderland)
- Jamal LEWIS (Newcastle United)
- Michael SMITH (Heart of Midlothian)
- Tom FLANAGAN (Sunderland)
- Daniel BALLARD (Blackpool – loan)
- Steven DAVIS (Rangers)
- Corry EVANS (Blackburn Rovers)
- Niall McGINN (Aberdeen)
- Paddy McNAIR (Middlesbrough)
- George SAVILLE (Middlesbrough)
- Gavin WHYTE (Cardiff City)
- Matthew KENNEDY (Aberdeen)
- Jordan THOMPSON (Stoke City)
- Ethan GALBRAITH (Manchester United)
- Ali McCANN (St Johnstone)
- Kyle LAFFERTY (Reggina)
- Josh MAGENNIS (Hull City)
- Conor WASHINGTON (Charlton Athletic)
- Liam BOYCE (Heart of Midlothian)